Buying a new home usually is one of your biggest investments that you make in your life. Therefore, while buying a new house for your family, it is essential that not only you look at your present needs, but also your future needs as well.
New house plans will be one of the things that you need to scrutinize very carefully and you must also brainstorm along with your family who will also be living with you. Following are few important questions that you need to answer, before you finalize your deal.
1. Whether both you and your house are agreeable?
Unless both you and your spouse like the plan of your house, never go ahead with the buying process for a new house.
2. Does it meet all your needs?
Look at all your present as well as the anticipated needs of future that you can think of, and ensure that it can meet all of them.
3. Can you afford its price?
Make sure the price that you have to pay will be within your budget. You can however stretch yourself maximum 5 to 10% but not more.
4. Whether the room size sufficient for future needs?
Check the room size, which should be comfortable for you. Even if your family size increases in future, then it can meet your demand.
5. Whether bathrooms and kitchens are according to your lifestyle?
Bathroom and kitchen are 2 very important places that should be according to your lifestyle.
6. Can you comfortably place all your furniture?
Look at the space available in the living room and other rooms and make sure that you can easily accommodate all your furniture that you need.
7. Is there any scope for further expansion?
You also need to check whether there is enough scope available for you to expand it further if your need increases.
8. Are you satisfied with house plan?
It is essential that house plan should satisfy all members of your house and you must try to see from many different angles and satisfy yourself.
9. Can you accommodate your guests?
Make sure that you can comfortably accommodate your guests who may often like to visit you and may stay for couple of days too.
10. Will the windows provide enough privacy to your home?
Ensure that location of window offers enough privacy to your home.
11. Will your children get enough privacy?
Also, if you have children then they too will need privacy as they grow up. So make sure that they have separate room available.
12. Will you need office space for yourself?
Check whether you can create an office space for yourself within the house.
13. Have you got space for your pets?
Most of family nowadays has pets and therefore it is necessary to ensure that your pets can be comfortably accommodated in your house.
14. Will you enjoy living in this new house?
Last but not the least, you must feel happy by staying in the house that you are selecting.