Despite significant competition, the Toyota Camry has been one of the best and most popular sedans available on the market for many years.
There are a variety of reasons that this is true, and they are even more pronounced with the 2018 Camry, which is the top mid-sized car currently on the market.
Monetary considerations weigh heavily when it comes to any car purchase and affordable cars that last long are rare, but the 2018 Camry fits into that category.
Technological and safety features are often key to a vehicle purchase as well, and the Camry ranks high in those categories by the industry’s most trusted publications. So, if you are looking for a midsize car, here is why a visit to a Toyota Camry dealership should be considered an absolute must:
- Affordability – When it comes to being able to afford a car, there is more to it than just sticker price. There is also the matter of how much will need to be spent on gas and incidentals. In that regard, when you walk into a Toyota Camry dealership and drive out with a 2018 Camry, you know you are getting a car that is going to go light on your wallet when it comes to fuel costs.
Even though gas prices are relatively low now compared to recent years, there are still likely to be times over the next decade when they rise up to a level that could really hurt your bank account. The 2018 Camry delivers in a big way in this regard as the gas-only model gets up to 29 miles per gallon in cities and 41 miles per gallon on highways. The 2018 Camry Hybrid is even more efficient, getting 51 miles per gallon in cities and 53 miles per gallon on highways.
- Safety – There are many reasons why it is to your benefit to buy a 2018 Camry, but safety is surely right at the top of any list. First, each model comes equipped with with a rearview camera and low-speed automatic emergency braking. These make parking accidents—both backing into and out of parking spaces—far less likely. They also make traffic accidents less frequent since the automatic emergency braking system helps avoid issues with the emergency break kicking in if sensors detect an object in your path while your vehicle is in reverse.
Between the rearview camera and the automatic emergency braking, the 2018 Camry offers you a virtual foolproof approach to backing up your car without getting into an accident.
Not only are these safety features a gigantic help in the mission of keeping drivers safe, they are also a terrific bargain for those who purchase the 2018 Camry because they are very rarely available in vehicles that are this affordable.
With the Camry, even base models come standard with a very wide variety of active features to aid you and your family’s safety on the road. In addition to the rearview camera and emergency braking, the list of safety features in a 2018 Camry includes adaptive cruise control, forward collision mitigation with pedestrian detection and automatic braking, lane departure alert with steering assist, and automatic high beams.
- Reliability – A reliable car can be worth its weight in gold. Not only do you not have to worry about transport ever being a problem for you and your family, you also do not have to worry about your car being stuck in the shop constantly.
While there is no way to know definitively about the reliability of a brand new car, past performance is a strong indicator and Toyota Camrys have traditionally been excellent in this regard.
J.D. Power does yearly surveys to determine reliability and their most recent survey yielded a perfect five-star rating across the board for the reliability of its powertrain, body, interior, features, and accessories.
- Good Looking – The Toyota Camry has been known to be somewhat bland looking in the past, but the 2018 model is far and away the most visually pleasing version of the Camry ever made. Colors can vary in a car, so the design itself is what generally stand out from another from a visceral standpoint.
The 2018 Toyota Camry was made with incredibly assertive sheet metal, which gives the car an assertive overall look and a purposeful stance. If nothing else, the 2018 Camry is a lot flashier than previous Toyota Camry models.
- Fun to Drive – The Toyota Camry has always been known as a reliable, cost efficient vehicle, but it has never been known as the car that gets your adrenaline pumping. In a lot of ways, the Camry has always been the car equivalent of the safe office job that pays an adequate salary rather than the job you love to do that carries much more risk both financially and physically.
The good news about the 2018 Camry is that it is reliable, affordable, AND fun to drive.
The 2018 Camry has paddle shifters and getting one with a V6 engine is an option, which makes revving the engine and taking it out for a drive irresistible.
While V6 engines are incredibly enjoyable, they are virtually never used in sedans or family cars of any type anymore because of fuel cost concerns. However, with gas prices lower than they have been in quite some time, if you are looking for a thrill, purchasing a 2018 Camry with the V6 engine option could be an enjoyable purchase.
The V6 engine is mighty and powerful and, quite frankly, there is almost nothing like firing one up and taking it out on the road for a spin. While the 2018 Camry does offer the choice of the more fuel efficient 4-cylinder engine, the fact that it is also available with a 3.5-liter V6 that contains 301 horsepower and 267 lb.-ft. of torque might just be irresistible to quite a few buyers of the 2018 Camry.